Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold+ Bullet member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How are these shows? Is there an equivalent of Matt E. for them as well. May go out and check it out on Saturday.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I don't know, but I'd pay the fee and go see if it increases the chance that he can KO eastman in the future.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
I spoke with the promoter last Saturday, he said the Farmer's Market show is a sell out. Beastman is rumoured to be telling his dealers that if they set up at the RK shows, there is no place for them at his shows. :(

On the plus side, the RK crew are easy going and 180 degrees opposite of Beastman. On the minus side, probably a good many non-gun tables. That will hopefully go down as RK makes inroads with dealers and collectors who see that he will pack the house with people. No one advertises like RK.

SlimTim

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
25,535 Posts
Entry fees?

I spoke with the promoter last Saturday, he said the Farmer's Market show is a sell out. Beastman is rumoured to be telling his dealers that if they set up at the RK shows, there is no place for them at his shows. :(

On the plus side, the RK crew are easy going and 180 degrees opposite of Beastman. On the minus side, probably a good many non-gun tables. That will hopefully go down as RK makes inroads with dealers and collectors who see that he will pack the house with people. No one advertises like RK.

SlimTim
What are RK's usual entry fees? I had to cough up $10.00 for the one in Nashville, to look at 65% knives and beanie babies. If that is his usual mix, I'll have to pass! Way overpriced.

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
What are RK's usual entry fees? I had to cough up $10.00 for the one in Nashville, to look at 65% knives and beanie babies. If that is his usual mix, I'll have to pass! Way overpriced.
Admission varies by venue, but is good for both days, i.e. you pay once, Sunday is free if you paid on Saturday (all 3 days in the case of the Nashville show.) I imagine Atlanta will be $10, but I don't know.

What was admission in Chattanooga? You said in the Enfield forum that it was a good show, it was put on by RK also.

SlimTim

·
Gold+ Bullet member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the show was a "mixed bag". Full house, very few dealers of anything other than guns, knives, and related stuff. More knives, surplus equipment, ammo etc than guns. $8 admission less a buck for the coupon, so reasonable price. Did not seem to be as many paying customers as in past but still well attended.

Prices were OUTRAGEOUS! And most of the non-modern stuff was typical Century/AIM, etc. Nothing special Chinese SKS's were $250 and up. The cheapest Russian SKS I saw was $350; most were $400+.

There were no Maks (for ST), no 1911's (I'm looking for one), a handful of Garands, lots of carbines (Can you spell CMP?), and a few Mosins, mostly marked up Century.

Frank still had the bubba'd M28 Springbank described previously....cut off stock, bent bolt, nice finish.....too high at $250.

Small number of walk-ins with assortment of modern stuff. Asking prices were dumb. Example...a bottom end Rock Island 1911 for $375; a dealer was selling one new for $300.

I did come away with one treasure however: an essentially unfired Polish M44. Perfect wood, typical nice Polish metal finish, 1952, all numbers appropriately matching, and the bore still had a bit of cosmoline in it. I paid a bit too much at $170, I think, but I've been looking for one for a while. I'm happy.

Oh, and for 7.62x54, there was quite a bit of talk about "sticking it to Matt". Interesting.

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator
25,535 Posts
Entry fee

Admission varies by venue, but is good for both days, i.e. you pay once, Sunday is free if you paid on Saturday (all 3 days in the case of the Nashville show.) I imagine Atlanta will be $10, but I don't know.

What was admission in Chattanooga? You said in the Enfield forum that it was a good show, it was put on by RK also.

SlimTim
At the Chattanooga show was $7.00. Was a small show, but a pretty good one.
Lots of mil-surps, not too many beanie babies, fewer knives.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts