Gunboards Forums banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Supposedly the RAK 22 offered by Italy (Chiappa) is no longer made at the Cugir Arsenal (Romania) but elsewhere in Romania .

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The M10 Romanian guns were the Military trainers for Romania. They were imported here in one lot by 44Mag.com less than 1000 were brought in as complete rifles. Some were sold off but many were returned with problems of various types. (same problems builders encountered once they built their kits}. 44Mag.com did not have the people to repair these guns nor any spare parts. They decided to demill the guns into kits. At one point you could buy the stripped receiver with the kit. Most of the inventory was then sold to Centerfire systems to be sold as kits. 44Mag.com sold off magazines as well. The .22 M10 Rifles were imported complete used because they were built on semi auto receivers so they were allowed in. All the rest of the romanian .22 rifles listed were commercial. Not Military.
SOG was my source for the Weiger Body AKT 98 Magazines that I utilized in both WASR 22 and AKT 98 & AKT 98 /KK95 , I have 2 examples of the WASR 22 short body 223 mag that was adopted for 22 and sold with the WASR 22 . I was never able to obtain the East German 22 AK mags (Which some folks sourced and modified for usage in the Romanian variants . It really helped the Owners /Collectors of the 22 AKM Romanians when BDM (Black Dog Machine) made his High Caps for these Rifles . I'm wondering what were the proprietary magazines shipped with the original complete M10 22 Rifles and if those were ever offered by 44Mag ? As the Weiger body magazines were still offered by SOG (Southern Ohio Gun ) until around 2016 and were still on their website after .

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Thanx for postin the nice pics & link Apex (Could you help me with Wood Carry Handle for my British L1A1 kit ? (Last Part I need before DSArms does their run of "Aussie Cut" Inch uppers and I send Kit off to Arizona Response Systems for buildup )

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Thanx for postin the nice pics & link Apex (Could you help me with Wood Carry Handle for my British L1A1 kit ? (Last Part I need before DSArms does their run of "Aussie Cut" Inch uppers and I send Kit off to Arizona Response Systems for buildup )

That AKT-98 is an unusual gun, thought someone might appreciate it.
If he parts you seek are listed on the web site now, and just show "out of stock" I would suggest that you sign up for a restock notification.
Anything not listed, please keep checking.
Once we the "world" returns to normal and I have people to start handling product in the warehouse, more items will keep being added.

Richard

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Since they were Imported I have held 1 RPK 22 at a Funshow and seen pics or for sale adds of perhaps 20 examples on the Internet/Gunbroker /Forum /Boards . They are very rare ...

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Since they were Imported I have held 1 RPK 22 at a Funshow and seen pics or for sale adds of perhaps 20 examples on the Internet/Gunbroker /Forum /Boards . They are very rare ...

The pictured (above) is still for sale at SDS, here in Colorado Springs.
They can (and do) ship guns to customers.

Richard

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I'm building a British L1A1 so I'm not looking for one of the last pieces in my "Rimfire Romanian AKM " collection right now lol

·
Registered
338 Posts
, AKT-98 jam o matic

I'm a big fan of these European 22 caliber AK/AKM Rifles (Even though they are like 1950s & 60s British Sportscars on need for tuning and need for tinkering .[/QUOTE]

Gator and others:

I have one of these AKT-98s, and its a jam o matic. I have tried multiple types of ammo, some work a little better than others, Black Dog plastic mags, other original 10 round mags, etc. But the best it runs is maybe 5 shots before it jams up. Seems to jam up on the feed ramp/loading part of the cycle, although sometimes its obviously a short recoil. The chamber seems a bit tight as well when trying to just insert different brands of ammo in by hand.

Any good sites, you-tubes, or gunsmiths to fix this thing? I am about to get a parts kit and make it into a regular ak type as this is a worthless rifle as is.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
theakforum.net (WASR 22 Sub Forum) hundreds of threads with tips & tricks like (Black Dog Machine Extractor / Ejector Upgrade kit & Spring Loaded FP kit …)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would trade all 4 of the Romanians & all the Magazines & accessories and 20 bricks of ammo for them for ONE Chinese Norinco rimfire AK (If one exists here)
Side pic....not my rifle BTW I don't own one myself....
Couple pictures of my norinco NHM90 .22LR imported into New Zealand I know the story of these rifles and how many are in NZ extremely good ak .22

·
Gold Bullet member
11,586 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
11,586 Posts
Looks like a nice rifle. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sweet rifle... wish we could import those. Thanks for sharing.
No problem ! Would be sweet if you guys could get them into the US but I know that will never happen these rifles were made for the Chinese and Newzealand market and arnt very many in the world under 500 all in new Zealand and China

21 - 40 of 40 Posts