Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last Year I purchased one of the Chiappa RAK 22 rifles (NIB and put it away as a collector item . Now I'm thinking my two AKT 98s and WASR 22 are more desirable . I have an early production AKT-98 KK95 in Original configuration that is a safe lurker also as a collectible . The other AKT-98 is adorned with a Romanian wire side folder stock and rare aftermarket USA made Metal Wire AK Cheek piece . MY WASR 22 is configured with WASR 10 laminate wood stock set . Both the sidefolder and WASR have the BDM Spring Loaded FP kit & upgraded extractor/ejector mods . I avoided the M10 22 Romanian Kits & Rifles that were floating around after the AKT-WASR 22 eras (2002-2009) and prior to the RAK 22 imports (2018- ) I was really hoping that the Russian knockoff (Saiga AK22 )of these little beasts would hit our Markets back in 2012 -13 but alas they did not get over in any significant number (Strangely Germany & the UK got small batches) . I'm a big fan of these European 22 caliber AK/AKM Rifles (Even though they are like 1950s & 60s British Sportscars on need for tuning and need for tinkering ) I believe they are among the rarest real Arsenal or Factory built AK/AKM rifles in existence and boutique niche in the AK collector world .

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would trade all 4 of the Romanians & all the Magazines & accessories and 20 bricks of ammo for them for ONE Chinese Norinco rimfire AK (If one exists here)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Damn that thing is zoot Capri , I would say they would sell like hot cakes here for 350.00$ but alas I think perhaps Canada can source them but not the US .

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I imagine they would sell like hot cakes for that here as well but the retail price is about 4 times the sum you mentioned.....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have a British L1A1 kit I’m building up and for that price I could by a complete one and 10 Magazines . So sad they are raping you guys without a condom or lube on those .

·
SKS GOD OF GUNBOARDS
1,535 Posts
The M10 ones are Military trainers and are the best for collecting with less than 1000 ever getting here. The rest are commercial so I don't know how collectable they are. (for a Military collector that is)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The M10 ones are Military trainers and are the best for collecting with less than 1000 ever getting here. The rest are commercial so I don't know how collectable they are. (for a Military collector that is)
The M10 ones are like AKT 98 and WASR 22 (Cugir Arsenal built ) and the only AK 22 Rifles used as "Trainer" Rifles were the East German variants all others being built as Sporting Rifles for civilian consumption . The rarest Romanians are the AKT 98/RPK 22 closely followed by AKT-98 & the WASR 22 . The majority of M10 imported were Kit form to be built up by purchasers .

·
SKS GOD OF GUNBOARDS
1,535 Posts
The M10 Romanian guns were the Military trainers for Romania. They were imported here in one lot by 44Mag.com less than 1000 were brought in as complete rifles. Some were sold off but many were returned with problems of various types. (same problems builders encountered once they built their kits}. 44Mag.com did not have the people to repair these guns nor any spare parts. They decided to demill the guns into kits. At one point you could buy the stripped receiver with the kit. Most of the inventory was then sold to Centerfire systems to be sold as kits. 44Mag.com sold off magazines as well. The .22 M10 Rifles were imported complete used because they were built on semi auto receivers so they were allowed in. All the rest of the romanian .22 rifles listed were commercial. Not Military.

The M10 ones are like AKT 98 and WASR 22 (Cugir Arsenal built ) and the only AK 22 Rifles used as "Trainer" Rifles were the East German variants all others being built as Sporting Rifles for civilian consumption . The rarest Romanians are the AKT 98/RPK 22 closely followed by AKT-98 & the WASR 22 . The majority of M10 imported were Kit form to be built up by purchasers .

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The M10 Romanian guns were the Military trainers for Romania. They were imported here in one lot by 44Mag.com less than 1000 were brought in as complete rifles. Some were sold off but many were returned with problems of various types. (same problems builders encountered once they built their kits}. 44Mag.com did not have the people to repair these guns nor any spare parts. They decided to demill the guns into kits. At one point you could buy the stripped receiver with the kit. Most of the inventory was then sold to Centerfire systems to be sold as kits. 44Mag.com sold off magazines as well. The .22 M10 Rifles were imported complete used because they were built on semi auto receivers so they were allowed in. All the rest of the romanian .22 rifles listed were commercial. Not Military.
The only difference between M10 22 and WASR 22 was the Square Gas Block (WASR & AKT used Slanted )and fit & finish (with AKT 98 being bets examples for that) and there were less than 500 examples of AKT-98 imported & sold by SOG (Southern Ohio Gun)making them rarer and the RPK variant of the AKT-98 /KK95 was seen here in even fewer numbers (Perhaps 200 units ) Could you post up a link of a military Manual or pic of Romanian Military or Cadets utilizing the AK in 22LR for training ? (As I have seen videos of Ancient Training Films showing West German Troops training and using the EG 22 Trainers ) and only seen such Pictures & videos of the very common M1969 Training Rifles for Romanian Military or Cadets ??

·
Registered
272 Posts
The AKT-98 were imported by Armamentos,Inc. with 1000 short models and 250 of the RPK model being imported, S#s started at 0001 with the short ones and 1001 with the RPKs, IIRC.
Romanian military catalogs did show a ,22lr SELECTIVE FIRE AK trainer for sale along with their other military wares. In fact, there should be one original 22lr Romanian selective fire trainer at the ATF reference library since one was shipped mistakenly by the Romanians to an importer.
HTH
Okrana

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The AKT-98 were imported by Armamentos,Inc. with 1000 short models and 250 of the RPK model being imported, S#s started at 0001 with the short ones and 1001 with the RPKs, IIRC.
Romanian military catalogs did show a ,22lr SELECTIVE FIRE AK trainer for sale along with their other military wares. In fact, there should be one original 22lr Romanian selective fire trainer at the ATF reference library since one was shipped mistakenly by the Romanians to an importer.
HTH
Okrana
What serial # range was utilized for UK , Germany , & rest of EU and places examples made it too like Canada & Singapore

1 - 20 of 42 Posts