Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - im looking for some assistance in identifying the origin of a Swedish Mauser, with an aluminium plate, 2 screws, which has initials HJ and four numbers 1542. I believe it to be a 1913 M96.

any help much appreciated

thanks

·
Moderator/Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to the Forum . You need to post photos , but it sounds like a civilian ID plate . Fairly common on Swedish rifles in civilian hands .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - and Happy New Year. should have got that in earlier!

Im afraid it's only photos on a traders site that I've seen and sparked my curiosity. 2021 is going to see me acquire a Swedish Mauser. So my research has begun. it may be a long wait, or a very short one if the right rifle comes into view. Thanks for your input.

Its hard to pin down exactly where my interest began. Some friends at my gun club shoot them, and I also enjoy shooting a more modern 6.5mm, and like everything I read about 6.5 x 55. And I thoroughly enjoy shooting my No 4 Mk 2 enfield, also stirring my interest in military battle rifles. Couple with the maker Mauser, what is there not to like?

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Hey, Happy New Year to everyone!!

Sirius....there's a LOT of great stuff you can discover here (lots of good will and good advice too). Have a look at the "STICKIES" regarding your interest and use the SEARCH function...you'll get educated...

Good luck, Tim.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Just did a search for "1913"...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.