Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
If it is like mine, it is a two-line billboard on the left side of the frame/sideplate, running vertically behind the recoil plate.

REALLY ugly sucker, with a horrible choice of location.

I can't say for sure if the import mark is there most recent one, although I don't see any reason they would change it.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is like mine, it is a two-line billboard on the left side of the frame/sideplate, running vertically behind the recoil plate.

REALLY ugly sucker, with a horrible choice of location.

I can't say for sure if the import mark is there most recent one, although I don't see any reason they would change it.
Thank you Sir. I found online pictures, it looks like they indeed later changed the location of import marks.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
Six months ago on a 1906 it was one line under the barrel.
That is usually where they put them on the early imports.

The ATF in their infinite quest to destroy the collectibility of just about everything came along and specified a minimum sized font and engraving depth for the mark, and required the mark be applied to the frame or receiver. The importers also went to new serial number schemes (some of those serials are REALLLY LOOOOONNGG numbers, too) to comply with the requirement that everything get a unique serial number which warranted using the billboards on newer imports.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,616 Posts
Well they can't be much worse than they were originally as far as size and ruining the looks of the whole side of the revolver. Anybody got pics of the "under the barrel import marks"? I am not going to buy one, just curious to see the improved version. Regards, John.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well they can't be much worse than they were originally as far as size and ruining the looks of the whole side of the revolver. Anybody got pics of the "under the barrel import marks"? I am not going to buy one, just curious to see the improved version. Regards, John.
you can easily find examples on GB, they have plenty for sale.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,616 Posts
I have looked at them many times in the past and the ones I recall seeing are the larges obtrusive import stamps is why I asked. The older Century marked Nagants were under the barrel and not nearly so distracting. Just wanted to compare. Guess it is not important anyway. Regards, John.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I've gotten two from them; a 1912 mismatch with Bakelite grips, and a matched 1906 with wood grips. I sold the 1912, as the Bakelite grips cut my hand. I sold the 1906 as I wanted an unrefurbished one which I did fine. Both had discreet import marks under the barrel. The prices have gone up $100 since I got mine.

T

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.