Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all;
I was wondering if there is a review here; or perhaps on another sight that member could please provide me with for the Century PU reproduction snipers? I was wondering what you get for 339.95.....?

thanks,
James.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I belive the I.O. guns are put together/ built by a different company than the Century rifles? Arent the I.O. rifles done in the U.S., and the Century PU's done in the Ukraine?

·
Administrator
19,256 Posts
They are all done here now.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I got one today. 1942 Ishevek, wartime stock, all stamped matching, scope dated 1942 with a refurb square and dated 1959. I am very impressed...it has an aluminum base and mount. I have to start research as to how long it will take to stress and break, or can I put a steel one on in the same holes. Who knows, gotta get started!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the Century guns use an aluminum base and mount? Do they have reputation for cracking or failing? I notice Zanders has the Century PU's now for $319- not a bad price...Considering I may need some upgrades w/ the base and mount...Also, does anyone know if the base and mount are Russian or Soviet made; or U.S. made?

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,419 Posts
I got one today. 1942 Ishevek, wartime stock, all stamped matching, scope dated 1942 with a refurb square and dated 1959. I am very impressed...it has an aluminum base and mount. I have to start research as to how long it will take to stress and break, or can I put a steel one on in the same holes. Who knows, gotta get started!
Nice that you received an original scope.
Perhaps you missed my earlier post above about the Cenyury/IO rifles. The aluminum bases that I have experienced are not near the spec and spacing for the steel pins and screws. Do some measurements of the pins (center to center. Pull the base and use a micrometer to measure the pin and screw diameter. From there you can determine how close those are to a steel set up.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I am going for a return. I also found a small crack in the stock behind the base. I will ask for a steel base/mount on another rifle and see what happens. Steel mounts are going for about $80. I dont want to add that to the replica price if I can get one included in the price originally.

I found more reasearch on the aluminum base and mounts. The big screw that holds the scope in place is incorrect, I read that after a couple of shots it could work its way loose.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can request a steel base and mount from your distributor on a Century Gun? What about Coles- do theirs have a steel base and mount? Is Cole's still selling them?
(reproduction PU rigs)?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Mine is a Century that I purchased from S.O.G. last December and I have been very pleased with it. It does have a steel mount, but from everything I've read since then I must have gotten one of the last ones as everyone that I've read about since then says they have an aluminum mount. I may have just gotten lucky, but I am very pleased with what I got for my $$$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts