Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just received the "Signed and Dated" Second Edition-2007 of "THE JAPANESE TYPE 99 ARISAKA RIFLE", by Doss White and Don Voigt (signed by Mr. Voigt). BRILLIANT!!!

The clarity and competent, detailed information on the subject is SUPERIOR. I found the "high density" color photographs of the Type 99 "furniture" to be an excellent source for "color matching" for those considering a "historical restoration" of their "OLD IMPERIAL WARRIOR". The color density and resolution of these photographs alone is worth the collector's investment in the publication.

I fully expect to see "well worn" versions of this book, above all others, being carried around at the upcoming TULSA GUN SHOW and others, by those WWII collectors who demand a solid quick reference tool to insure that they do not "BUY STUPID".

...I "WON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT"

all the best

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An amendment to my initial post...for "ALL" of those who were instrumental in the production of this fine publication...............you're all "MAN GODS".

I am now armed with enough information to be "dangerous" for upcoming gun shows and on-line auctions...if only my "funds" remain courageous and stay away from more "Lithgow Enfields"...

all the best!

Ron

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
..."No animals were harmed or currency exchanged in the writing of this post".

As an old guy now, I simply appreciate being properly informed when I seek out a new addition to my "mini" collections...Cochran for Colts, Madis for Winchesters, Law for Mausers, Skennerton for Enfields, and now for the Type 99...well, you know!
all the best
Ron

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
...Gee, I feel like I'm in a EF Hutton commercial...over 180 reads from a single "job well done" book comment!

...a few comments about bayonets, I tend to put most of my pennies toward the rifles...
...although, I do keep my 4-1918 Vickers bayonet with my 5-1918 BSA No1 MkIII* Enfield, No 9 bayonet for my 1949 No4 MkI, South African Army marked, my 1944 "cof" bayo that goes with my dou. 44 K98 "bringback"...and a nice early Nagoya "quilliion" bayonet for my Type 99 Nagoya Series 2 "bringback" with mum, AA sights, numbers matching with that wonderful, "well experienced" apricot colored furniture that's shown so well in the new book.
I always wonder how many of these rifles were actual "cave dwellers" during WWII; I'm sure quite a lot of them were just that based on the "furniture" condition of the survivors.

For what it would cost to fit bayos to my 5 Lithgows (1940-1944) and the 1964 RFI No1 Mk3, I could be well on my way to adding a "nice" 1903 Springfield to my WWII "bolt gun" wall rack...

Thanks for the note...I'll add the bayo book to my list!
all the best
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts