Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's some fun Mosin-Nagant "specials" distributors once made available. The wrapper was broken to check serial numbers and import mark, other than that the surprise is all on the buyer! Bought 'em up long ago to archive.

Top: 1943 Izhevsk 91/59 "in wrapper" Century Arms direct.

Bottom: 1948 Izhevsk M44 "in wrapper" Old Sacramento Armory buy.

Anybody else stash the mummy wrap guns away?? Remember the "Irish" Enfields? Pics please.

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not think I ever bought a pig or baby doll in a poke but I bought one. Seems like it is a 43 Izhevsk? I wonder what is under the rest and hope the cosmoline is quarter of an inch thick.
Do you have a pic of it to post Mike? Other than mine I haven't seen one for years, maybe at a gun show but it's been a long time.

·
Gold Bullet member
14,169 Posts
Do you have a pic of it to post Mike? Other than mine I haven't seen one for years, maybe at a gun show but it's been a long time.
One of the few guns I have not photographed at one time or another. Not much to see but a lot of paper and the barrel markings, part of the barrel and the import marks. Not doing a good exam of everything on a new firearm purchase is something I can not recall doing but that one time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts