Gunboards Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
2,126 Posts
A full length model 98 trigger guard, follower and spring will work. The PV's had a trigger guard like the Argentine 1909 which allows you to open it from the bottom and extract the rounds without running them through the action. Some sporterizer stripped the trigger guard from this one. Breath deep and think before you bid on gunparts rifles is a little bit of advise. Finding all of the bolt parts may prove to be a chore. Maybe you will get lucky and springfield will have all the parts, call them up and ask.
good luck
gil

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I don't think you did too bad. The wood looks great. I just checked SS's and they have all the bolt parts listed as in stock. Grand total was $54. SARCO also lists a number of VERGUIERO parts as well, including new barrels. You can probably pick up some '98 bottom metal and have only around $150 in it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ohh wow really, what a coincidence haha would u be interested in selling or trading for the parts i need?? or are u in the same boat lookin to restore yours?? anyone ever shot one of these??? i love the crest on it

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
ohh wow really, what a coincidence haha would u be interested in selling or trading for the parts i need??
Actually yes, I would consider selling and/or trading these parts. Please bear in mind that the triggerguard comes with floorplate and spring, but has no follower. It also has a litte bit of pitting in the areas that would be under the wood. Also, the trigger guard is NOT the hinged type but rather the type you might see on a k98. I don't know enough about these rifles to tell you if or when they used these type, but all I can tell you is that it came in the stock I purchased. As for the bolt, it is solid but has needs cleaning as it has some light surface rust and just other muck on it. It is just the bolt body and none of the other bolt parts. I also have bands, screws and some other stock metal but it looks like you are all set in that department.

or are u in the same boat lookin to restore yours??
Actually I purchased off of GB.com a trio of rifles and parts (a CZ 98/22, a bubbaed Persian, and the 1904/39 sans stock) with which the Portuguese rifle was included without the stock though. All the metal parts matched and someone had reblued them. I then just happened to find a stock on GB and purchased it and it happened to come with a bunch of extra parts as well.

anyone ever shot one of these???
Yes, I've put a few rounds through mine and it shoots like a dream. I find that it is lighter than your standard k98 but I didn't notice any additional recoil. And having a cherry bore on mine, round landed right where I was aiming.

Some pics...

and no, my cat moves for no man nor any rifle...

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
well the 98/22 needs a new barrel since there are a lot of deep pits in the barrel. The Persian was bubbaed, someone cut off the last 5 inches of the barrel, so I am going to have it recontoured and turn it into a Persian VZ24.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHA WERE in kinda the opposite boat on our 98/22s mine has excellent bluing and the rifling is like new but my but stock got busted off. and i got a extra vz 24 barrel i could trade you if u need one. and pm sent

·
8,107 Posts
Guys, I am closing this one because of the obvious trading going on in an open collecting forum. It should not have been allowed to go on as long as it has but I don't believe that the violation of Gunboards rules was intentional so no real harm done at this point. I do want to suggest that everyone recheck the rules in the stickies on all of the various Forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.