Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing special here, but I'm happy with it. Bought a MAS 36/51 off the trader. Gave it some new wood and a repark job. Took it to the range for the first time yesterday. POA/POI with my reloads at 100m. Couldn't be happier.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
When Sportsmen Guide had the sets of MAS 36 wood, I bought a lot of them....several were the 36-51 furniture, which now, I am happy we got them...Noting the current prices for parts and wood, that deal was very good....Not that it beat GPC 10 years ago, selling the whole gun for $35.00 delivered in quantity, "as is"..Those were nice...

Dale

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This one blwe me away, in that I've heard people talking about the sites being off, etc. I put three rounds into the gun and cranked them off. One X Ring and two tight 9s. I couldn't have been happier. There is still some wood out there. I'm busy now building a parts block for both my 36s and my 49/56.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have extra wood. I'm just looking for enough extra parts to keep the two I have going well into my retirement.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, the Assault Amphibian Field motto is scrounge parts for the rainy day. lol.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Nice job! These are so much fun at the range. The extra weight from the GL bits seems to tame felt recoil (just might be the placebo effect but whatever works is fine by me).
I restored mine from a $50 beat to hell mismatch over a decade ago. At that time I got all my goodies from Sarco and was very pleased with both the quality and price. Seem to remember replacing all the wood for around $25. Think that much of what they had in MAS 36 parts, esp. milled bits for early 36s, has disappeared from their inventory.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're right about the recoil with the GL added. I had the buttplate cover on, as an old injury tends to act up when I'm firing MASs , 98ks and MNs. I got my wood from SARCO. As for parts, there are some at APEX and I can't say enough good about their customer service.

·
Copper Bullet member
599 Posts
Great job. That's a nice looking rifle. I put off collecting MAS rifles for years and now can't remember why. Both of mine are refurbs and look and feel brand new. They are truly a joy to shoot out on the range.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I appreciate the credit, but my local gunshop did the park job. When I got it home, it took exactly ten minutes to put it together from all the parts in a bag. The next day I almost cried at how well it shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.