Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked these up from another forum member ( thank you sir !) . Im thinking the peddle scheme rifle can be brought back, but not sure about the dispersal and the lithgow. I have some spare furniture so why not.

Now, pitting on the dispersal has me both concerned and curious . It seems like it was a reused receiver , built into a dispersal rifle in 1940, when everything was being thrown together . The black paint seems to be over the pitting. Would it be a FTR applied, like commercial post was BSA reworks, or would it be how it went out in 19140?

Comments welcomed.

(Yes milprileb , I know these are Ethipia level money pits)

dispersal

lithgow

Reactions: SDigger

·
Registered
41 Posts
My thought is, anything can be fixed, it just takes time and money. If you don’t plan on selling it and you can spare the funds and time searching for parts. I would do it.
Forgot to add thats how i keep getting more guns without the wife knowing, barreled receiver here, gun stock there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Howdy y’all;
Interesting projects 👍
A question first any FTR or DP marks on the Lithgow anywhere?
MA/52 etc on the left side of the receiver?

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Howdy y’all;
Interesting projects 👍
A question first any FTR or DP marks on the Lithgow anywhere?
MA/52 etc on the left side of the receiver?
Nope, none, barrel also 1919.

Reactions: SDigger

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Nope, none, barrel also 1919.
Ok thanks👍;barrel kinda tired maybe thinking I would prolly turn that lithgow into a (one of a kind 😉) wall hanger Cadet green or yellow stripe DP stenciled Bitzer,just me thought’s & good luck nonetheless.
Cheer’s.

·
Registered
9,508 Posts
The paint on the Dispersal looks Indian, the "665" on the chamber strikes me as such as well. My $.02 anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts