Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Here are some photos of a Browning Hi-Power I acquired a while back. Beyond the fact that it appears to be a FN-made Browning Hi-Power s/n T2617xx I don't know anything about it. If anyone can give some insight on when it was made and any other info on its origin I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
851 Posts
Post 1962 production as she has the external extractor but it does not seem to have any Belgian proof marks on it... very odd. Makes me wonder if its one of the counterfeit guns made by FEG and others.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a proof mark on the barrel. It just got washed out in the photo. Also the magazine safety was removed at some point. Not sure if it was done overseas or not. The guy who sold it to me said it was an Israeli surplus pistol.
I'll try to get a better photo of the barrel markings.

·
Copper Bullet member
1,178 Posts
I have read that if the serial number on the grip area has an L before or maybe after it, it is one of the False FN pistols. Myself it wouldn't matter, it's a nice looking pistol, and they are great to shoot.

·
Registered
896 Posts
IIRC, triple stamp T serial guns were for European sale not for export to the US.

·
Registered
851 Posts
If you look at the AR-15.com link you will see what I am talking about with proofs. Now you said that the barrel has the proofs but note on the right side on the triggerguard yours does not show the proofs you see on the example shown on AR-15.com. I had a T series years back but sadly don't have it now otherwise I would take some shots of that area.

·
Silver Bullet member
5,889 Posts
Hello,
Here are some photos of a Browning Hi-Power I acquired a while back. Beyond the fact that it appears to be a FN-made Browning Hi-Power s/n T2617xx I don't know anything about it. If anyone can give some insight on when it was made and any other info on its origin I would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Ken
View attachment 763440 View attachment 763441 View attachment 763442 View attachment 763443
Ken, here in yUK, between 1968 and 1997, I owned T247296.

It was bought 'new', marked Fabrique Nationale etc' and came from Parker-Hale for £37.19.6d - that was around $120 at that time. I kept it as my service pistol - allowed, because a Browning HP35 WAS my service pistol, until it had to be handed in for destruction in 1997. I polished the front of the magazines [still gottem, too] to smooth out the trigger action, and won many many comps with it, due, I'm sure, to the three times a week practice with free ammunition provided by Her Majesty. It NEVER once let me down.

Just sayin'.

tac

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I'll try and get some better photos of the proof marks in a few days. The serial numbers look very much like all the T series pistols I've seen pictures of.

In regards to the magazine safety, is that something these Israeli surplus pistols often came in the country missing? Or would that likely have been removed stateside?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.