Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have images of the receiver of an M/1928 Danish Krag? I have only seen one example of a disassembled receiver with "M.89" replaced with "M.1928" for the model. Unfortunately, I have not seen any others, and some images would be great.

Also, for my Krag serial number database, I have yet to come across any Danish Krags manufactured in 1920 or in 1945. I have been told by some that 1945 production rifles don't exist, which may be the case, but some other publications state that in 1945 rifles were built and given to the resistance, which was dated 1945. I know for sure that Danish Krag production occurred in 1920, but from what I can tell there were very few. From the over 400 examples of Krag I have in my database, it seems like rifles between serial 118293-119000 should be 1920 production rifles, but I have unfortunately not seen any.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have images of the receiver of an M/1928 Danish Krag? I have only seen one example of a disassembled receiver with "M.89" replaced with "M.1928" for the model. Unfortunately, I have not seen any others, and some images would be great.

Also, for my Krag serial number database, I have yet to come across any Danish Krags manufactured in 1920 or in 1945. I have been told by some that 1945 production rifles don't exist, which may be the case, but some other publications state that in 1945 rifles were built and given to the resistance, which was dated 1945. I know for sure that Danish Krag production occurred in 1920, but from what I can tell there were very few. From the over 400 examples of Krag I have in my database, it seems like rifles between serial 118293-119000 should be 1920 production rifles, but I have unfortunately not seen any.
I little late but from what I know the Danish Army used M1929 sniper rifles with new made receivers marked M.1929 or old one used to built Rifles model 1889 or New Carbines after 1924. The only pictures that I have are these ones taken from a Danish Training Video made in 1939.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Are you able to share this Danish trainings video from 1939?
Yes Sir no problem :) The videos are there

in this video you can find the M/1929 Sniper Rifle in use for trining at 9:50.

best regards

·
2,383 Posts
Millie Gracias, this is the best Danish Army documentary I have ever seen.
I was actually and for the first time seeing Danish soldiers carrying the M1928 "Finskydningsgevaer" sniper in the field.

Also the first time I have seen the Danish Krag in action and used as a single shot as the Danish soldiers were trained to do. Later in the documentary, the Danish soldier was ordered to use "Magasine ild", (magazine fire) in which the Danish soldier received permission from a superior to disengage the magazine cutoff and fire all five rounds in quick succession.

I also liked the monopod for the Madsen Machinegun and the soaking of the ground in front of the muzzle with water in order to reduce the dust created by the muzzle blast.

The Danish soldiers were also trained to recover ammunition from fellow dead soldiers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.