Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gents, this is on an 1878 dated Amberg M71. My feeble mind can arrive at Bavarian but the regiment number is a mystery. Could anyone assist? The buttplate belies the rifle condition, exc. + bore, browned barrel, age-browned receiver, all matching except the bolt retaining screw and washer, which is not uncommon on these due to not being pinned in like the 71/84.
The butt reads
"B"
"TA II"
"19"
Thanks,
Mike B.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Abteilung means department. A more typical mark for train abtlg. would be B.2.T.2.20. However a teligragh unit mark is typicaly an italic T. I have one referance that I.D.ed the mark T.A. XVII.50 as Feld--Telegraphen-Abteilung of XVII Armeekorps, weapon 50. My other referances have been packed for moving.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Could possibly be a corps or division bridgework service corps with an attendant command of a x Army Corps. There are a number of B.T. regimentals in Jeff Knoll's book which point in this direction. Another possibility is a Siege Telegraph Detatchment of the II Army corps although the example in Knoll's book has the B and T as italics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts