Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of getting a can of Yugoslavian 7.62x39 from Sportsmans Guide. It appears to be brass cased and is on stripper clips, listed as 123 grain 1970s vintage. Price is 147.22 for 640 rounds for members. Not listed, but I'll assume berdan and corrosive. What is the reputation of this round?

·
Registered
293 Posts
My neighbor has an SKS that will not shoot anything but the Yugo ammo.
The Rusky stuff will not feed, any brand.

However, he ignored my warning about cleaning the gun the day he shot it.

He did that once, just once.

After a week in the garage safe he cleaned it and was very impressed with how much corrosive primers can create rust.
He will not that mistake again but it is accurate sure fire ammo.

Wulfmann

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
I once bought a case from AIM in the good old days, and this case looked like it had been stored in the Titanic! Honestly, looked like barnacles were on the strippers. AIM had me send them back one back to see what it looked like and quickly sent out another case. I had the ammo for a long time and thought of dumping it, but then got crazy enough to see if it would go off. Yes, and bang every time, not a dud in the batch, and this ammo was butt ugly. Shot as fine as the stuff that came to replace it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.