Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This cased dagger was in the same pile of stuff I received from the estate sale. The prevailing opinion is that it's a reproduction but does anyone know when or where it was made? I can't find any on-line info on this thing and with the case it appears to be a bit nicer then the more common Chinese made ones I've encountered. I'm trying to establish a possible value as well.

All thoughts or information appreciated!
Mike

Dagger Scabbard Pen Sword Writing implement
Dagger Scabbard Knife Sword Blade
Scabbard Dagger Sword Sabre
Dagger Scabbard Blade Sword Épée
Technology Wood Electronics Rectangle Netbook

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
Reddick's used to sell the high end SA and SS honor dagger back in the mid and late 90's. They also sold German made dagger blades. Since the early 2000's they stopped selling both. The Spanish made daggers are very high quality compared to the cheap Indian and Chinese crap they sell now. As to value I wouldn't be surprised that they fetch 500 + because some of these reproduction pieces were made in limited runs and make great fillers in collections. Where obtaining an original is near impossible for the average Joes wallet.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the updated info, especially as to the pricing. I don't think I've ever encountered one so this is good info to have. It was kind of a mixed bag of stuff but I did get a nice German SD M-40 helmet in with the stuff as well as some WW II US binoculars, M1 carbine bayonet and a nice cold war East/ West German border sign.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.