Gunboards Forums banner

Repro PU Ident??

703 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Charlie 
#1 · (Edited)
:confused:Need some opinions but no pics I can post of a "repro" (???)91/30 PU. Seller makes NO repro OR original claim.

NON auction site has pics of a very nice looking ( like current refurbs) 1943 Izhevsk with PU setup. Here are my "concerns"
1. Receiver is dotmatrix marked s/n as 9130xxxxxxxx.However receiver is smooth , NO evidence of scope numbers being scrubbed on the bbl. NOT typical rough machined. Importer not shown with s/n.
2. Bolt looks correct BUT only has the s/n digits stamped NO cyrillic letters.( I have 3 originals ALL with cyrillic letters and s/n ).
3. Scope appears CORRECT, a tiny bit worn but looks 100% real.
4. Scope mount is unmarked EPed or otherwise.

I'm debating whether to pass on a RECENT imported real PU or buy a NICE repro for about $500 delivered. Which is it ??

I know ,I know it's probably worth the $500 even if repro. THANKS for reading/comments.

#5 ·
:eek::eek:THANKS everybody - Case of $ getting in way of some obvious warning- :(Missed the split scope mount, but the dotmatrix s/n was my first clue of repro. It's CAI marked but had originally hoped R-Guns Have to admit bolt and cut on stock are well done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.