Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's made by Miltech Arms. Like new condition. It has a correct type Unertal scope - but it is not USMC marked. What is the resale value on it? If anyone has any addtional info on this Miltech rifle I would like to be educated. Thanks!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Might want to call Miltech with the rifle and the scope serial number and verify it`s came from them- you can also ask them the price new and figure the value from there.

·
Platinum Bullet member
1,610 Posts
Unfortuately, like most Commemoratives, Repros, Look-A-Likes, there is virtually no secondary market. Try to sell an $1,800 Rommel American Firearms P38 for more than 3 or $400 or a 1927 WWII Commemorative Thompson that cost close to $2K for more than $800!! Anyway, pretty much a sum of the parts, Rifle $600+, Scope $600+, Bases, gunsmithing $150 = $1,350. Would be surprised if went for much more than that. Skid

·
Registered
459 Posts
The reason being anyone at anytime can build one of these up, the value only goes up as the parts ( 1903, c-stocks, unertls ) go up in price. I build them up as shooters because I want to experience shooting a rifle as close as possible to the original rig. I can compare M1C, 1941 Marine, PE, PU, K98, M70, M40, M40A1 snipers. Use my reloads and bust the myths that I read so often on this site, can't believe how accurate everyones personal rifle is?

Future project: 45/70 Sharps with a era ( replica ) long scope or a .451 cal Whitworth again with an era type scope.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts