Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Hornady .3105 FMJ/BT 174 gr. bullets in my 303 reloads for years. But now, as most of us are already aware, Hornady lists these bullets as "temporarily suspended," with no indication of just how long "temporary" will be.

Can any Enfield reloaders recommend a good "temporary" substitute for the Hornady bullets?

Thanks in advance.

·
Platinum Bullet member
558 Posts
I have always used S2310 Sierra Bullets 303cal/7.7mm {.311} 180gr SPT Box of 100 because they are a couple of bucks cheaper per hundred and you're only +6gr, so it will generally have a similar trajectory. It's also a flat based bullet, so odds are it will do better in "less than perfect" bores. In fact, mine shoot quite well in bores that are at best mediocre.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,575 Posts
In the if you can get them category..... Hornady was making .312 174gr HPBT Match for Graf and Sons. I don't see them listed on their website. I've had good results with the .311 & .312 dia HPBT.

Shannon

·
Registered
21,209 Posts
In the if you can get them category..... Hornady was making .312 174gr HPBT Match for Graf and Sons. I don't see them listed on their website. I've had good results with the .311 & .312 dia HPBT. Shannon
I have the same success with these Hornady bullets as Shannon but regret to inform, I find none anywhere for sale .

In fact, they have been thin in supply the last year and the few table scraps that I have found are hardly enough to supply my 300 round match needs yearly. When it comes to .311 or .312 dia, 174 gr BTHP bullets.... I feel like I live on starvation rations.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.