Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site but have used a lot of adhesives over the years. When joining wood I like to use a slow cure epoxy like WEST System. I've been using WEST epoxy for probably 20 years on boat repairs, building R/C airplanes and full size aircraft repiars/ construction. It gives plenty of time to penetrate into the wood and also cures hard. Cure times run 6 to 24 hours but the wait is worth it because this stuff is strong. It has little color of its own and darkens as it ages. The manufacturer, Gougeon Bros, says the change in color and age don't affect the qualities of their epoxies. They offer various hardners to match your climate or season in slower and faster varieties. You can add milled glass fibers to thicken it, too. I will use WEST with milled glass fibers on my next glass bedding job. I don't stand to make a penny off of this product; just wanted to let you know about it as I've been a satisfied customer for many years.

David

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.