Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Scroll down about 11 or so topics to the sticky entitled "All new k98 collectors, start here! STICKY". There are several links to that discussion.
Regards,
HB
Thanks, and....

Posted - 08/14/2004 : 09:43:31 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Usually the stock is cut where the rear barrel band is.That way the dis-assembled rifle would fit in a duffle bag so a soldier could take it home.Depending how it was done it should be fairly easy to repair and the cut would be hidden under the band.

davef
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member
That's pretty scary but does this apply to any RC K98ks?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Well, I am not sure what you mean by scary....but many collectors see a duffle cut as somewhat proof that it is actually a bringback, but that is dangerous, as you might get a bunch of humpers doing duffle cuts and barking "Look its a bringback!!"

No RC's would have come into the country "duffle cut".....if you see an RC that is duffle cut, I'd run away, someone is up to something....
OK I see. I was saying it is scary, because it looks like bringbacks were ruined when cut like that. I just purchased a RC, so I am glad now that it isn't hacked up. :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.