Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Don't do this with an M-44. Get an M-38 or 91/59 and then scope it with a Darrell Scout Mount.

Better yet, get a Ruger or Remchester in any flavor you like. You sound like a member of PETA or a Blillary Klinton supporter (I am no longer allowed to sniff).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why not just drift off the site, remove the bayo? I just feel removing the bayo lug will do more damage than good.

Just buy an M38 and drift the front site off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't do this with an M-44. Get an M-38 or 91/59 and then scope it with a Darrell Scout Mount.

Better yet, get a Ruger or Remchester in any flavor you like. You sound like a member of PETA or a Blillary Klinton supporter (I am no longer allowed to sniff).
+1 Shy

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I agree get yourself a scout mount. I have a friend who removed the entire bayonet lug from his M44 and when he put it back on it moved from side to side in barely bumped throwing the shot off 3" or more.

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
With a "knick-nack-paddy-whack-crack" like that, I suggest that a professional looks at it before you take a shot. Could blow up. Be careful.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Josh,

I think the scout mount will work fine because it attachés to the other end so the crack shouldn't affect the mount. Here is a picture of a scout mount so you can see how it attachés. I hope this helps you.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,531 Posts
What it does look like is a flaw in the steel which gave way from one too many times of someone letting the rear sight snap down on it.

Josh <><
I doubt that very seriously. Looks to me like a war time expediant assembly that was not quality controled very well. VERY odd for a Mosin Nagant. Have the WHOLE rifle checked.

Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts