Gunboards Forums banner

Remington & Westinghouse

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  USMCsean 
#1 ·
did the M91 Remingtons & Westinghouses have leather slings or cloth slings...anyone know or can guide me a web site discussing them

#2 ·
If they were US issued they used the US made 1907 style sling.

#3 ·
M91 slings of that era were leather. And very nearly non existant at this time. Randy, depending on all the details of your Remington, some other sling might be appropriate. Is it all-American, Finn used, etc?

#7 ·
Scrubbed eagle on the barrel shank & general appearance are indicative of an M91 from one of the Eastern European imports of the last 5 years or so. Came here posibly from Romania, Bulgaria, someplace along those lines. I'd suggest the 91/30 sling that's on it is appropriate given the apparent post WWII Combloc use. BTW, that early mag housing with the sling loop is worth about $100 & a later mag housing. To me, that is. Or, maybe a later mag housing and an M91 locking ring bayonet. Hmmm?

#8 ·
Nice rifle and welcome to your new addiction! Ditto on the Eastern Europe soujourn this one took. Good for you to take the time to research your rifle, it'll only add to your enjoyment of it.
Poot

#9 ·
Why would someone scrub out a mark? After looking more closely at the rifle there is also a circular mark on the butt which can barely be noticed that has been x out also...this gun has traveled...none of the serial #'s match at all....

#11 · (Edited)
I could be wrong, but I think it says "copyright c 2007 7.62x54r.net" But thats just my guess. And another wild guess, its an M38 sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.