Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
7,917 Posts
My own opinion is that the seller was trying to get a "collector" price for a "shooter" gun.
I don't know where you have been looking, but that price (800 dollars) is in no way shape or form a "collector" price. "Collector" prices are 1800+. 800 bucks is a very fair price for that shooter USGI 1911A1. I have seen USGIs in about that condition that people want over 1K for. finish doesn't mean squat when it comes to a shooter, to me it adds character to the pistol, as long as it doesn't look like the surface of the moon, all pitted up and banged up. If you wanted to, a good gunsmith can re-park that pistol and it won't detract the value, 99.9 percent of USGI M1911/A1 went through at least one rearsenal process anyway, so it's not like you are going to harm the value of that pistol

why the guy didn't go a extra 75 bucks and buy it out right, is a mystery to me, If I didn't already have a ITHACA, I would have bought that for 800. that pistol is fairly priced for a USGI shooter,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.