Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got him down to $425.00. Rifle has never been shot and I am pondering purchasing it. Need to know if it will be a collector since they quit making it in 2000.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont know the year. they made them from 1988 to 2000 in .280. i have a 1996 700 bdl dm in .280 and see no reason to buy any other caliber, modern anyway, unless it is a 7mm magnum.

anyway, the pump has the bears on left side and whitetail on right side of receiver. I THINK that these were limited edition but cannot find out any information even from google.

·
Ask me about my 390 lbs mother in law.
1,005 Posts
I have a book, "Remington Aoutoloading & Pump-Action Rifles. It is a history of the centerfire Models 760, 740, 742, 7400& 7600. It was written by Eugene Myzkowski. The book has total coverage of anything you ever wanted to know about those rifles. On page 57 he decribes the following about your rifle; " The receivers of the Model 7600 had two deer on the right panel and two bears on the left panel." The 1996 models were made this way. One year only by the sounds of it. If you want a copy of this great book you can email him at [email protected]. I think it was around $20.00. He will sign the book for you at no extra charge. Good book for the Remington gun buff.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You say that the engraving was only on the 1996 model 7600 in .280?
Can you photocopy that and email it to me?
I would love to have it.
Also, what is the value of that n.i.b. pump and should it stay unfired for collectors sake?
Do they give a count on how many had the engraving in the .280?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts