Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I found a Remington 1903 30-06 in a local store, but bubba got a hold of it and sporterized it. Looks like a brand new rifle and still has all the original sights, but it's in a monte carlo style stock. SA and flaming bomb on the barrel near the front sights. They want $275 for it, and was thinking about buying a repo stock from Boyd's for it...good price? or stay away? Like I said appears unaltered except for the bubba stock.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Keep in mind a new (repro) stock is going to set you back another $100-$150, that's not including all the stock metal. if you go repro maybe $50-$75, if you go original, probably $75-$100, maybe more.

So, now your looking at $275 for the gun, $150 for the stock, $100 for the stock metal, totaling: $525 more or less.

For that price you are getting into the range of an original 03 or 03A3.

i would pass on it unless you can get it for significantly less, like $200 or $225. Even then, i would probably just keep it as a shooter.

your call though. I went through the same deal as you...wouldn't do it again.

DW

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good points nevadany, looks like i'll purchase it, hopefully lower than $275 and keep my eye on ebay for an original stock and hardware and maybe catch a deal.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Being a Russian collector, I'm not usually too critical of bore condition. Regarding US military weapons, bore condition is a much bigger consideration in the market. Be sure the bore is in great shape. If it isn't, it's definitely not worth your time & money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts