Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys reload Military Surplus Brass? I have alot of 8mm Turkish brass, and wondering if its reloadable. Thanks

·
Ask me about my 390 lbs mother in law.
1,005 Posts
It's most likely berdan primed. Takes some effort and special tools to reload. If it's boxer, give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I say no on the truk the berdan think is a big job And the brass cracks. on a lot of it.

I reload everything that is boxer primed.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,361 Posts
I reload a good bit of berdan brass I have a nice little tool I came up with that makes it quite easy.Although i have reloaded some turk brass I do agree that its not the best most of it goes in my furnace for casting things.Greek German and Equadorian is good stuff though..The pmc berdan primers feed perfectly thru my rcbs hand primer also so no special priming tool is needed.The quality of some of the older brass is top notch no sense in tossing/recycling it if it can be used. Now if I could just find some more berdan primers Id be set,if anyone has any they want to sell just let me know.I called wolf the othewr day since they are now selling boxer primers and inquired about berdan primers but was told there no plans to import them .217 and .254 berdans would probably sell fairly well here

·
Registered
980 Posts
At current ammo prices, berdan primers look better everyday. I will save the best brass for that what if, someday I might want to try it out and nothing better do situation. If rifle ammo was sitting in at 50 plus cents per round, I think many will do the same.
Tribrothers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts