Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the deals I have going is for some reloading stuff, including presses, tools, brass, bullets, primers, etc.

I've little knowledge of value on this stuff if new, even less if used. The seller sent me a handful of pics, says he has 60 pictures in all and he spared me since I'm on dialup.

Can anyone venture a guess as to what primers are worth now, and perhaps take a look at the pics and take a stab at what some of the boxes of bullets might be worth?

Thanks for any help!

SlimTim

·
Registered
918 Posts
Primers have been nearly $30/1000 at the last few shows.

The scale is about $70 new.

Various boxes of bullets prolly $8 - $10 a box max for old stuff.

Not sure about the bulk 250 packs of 9mm. Maybe 6-$7 / 100 new.

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't really care about the scale, but are 5-0-5's that much now? :eek: Wow!

THANKS for the help on the primer, bullets, heck, everything!

The point I failed to make is that the seller claims there is much, much more than what is pictured, ergo 60 pics. That's why the "generic" request for primer prices, etc.

Hope to see it all and perhaps make a list this Sunday. Ergo, I may be back needing more help! :)

SlimTim

·
Registered
134 Posts
ST,
The Winchester primers pictured have not been made recently. From the past couple of years they have been made in blue boxes with red and gold writing on them.
Yes, primer will last for 20 or more years if stored right, but I would not trust someone else’s storage methods. Maybe worth half the new price of $ 30. now.

The Hornady HP/XTP 9mm bullets go for around $ 9.- 16. A box new depending on where you get them. If you find any in the 90 grain - 124 grain range, I would be interested in them, if the lead tips are not oxidized from age.

Take Care,
GES..................................

·
Registered
245 Posts
Another thing that will have a great deal of bearing on relative value is the dies.How many and what caliber are they?Then you gotta consider what is all of this worth to you?We get reloading stuff in the pawn shop all the time and it is a hard resale and prices must be cheap cheap.Buying to use and buying to resell are two vastly different things.

Stan

·
Registered
134 Posts
Very true Stan,

ST, are there any 9X18 Ultra, 9mm Police dies in the lot?
If so I will take them. Do not know if this is the same guy with the PP Super?
GES.......................

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone, thanks for the help.

84, different guy. This person responded to a WTB type ad I placed for the usual stuff, only this time, on a lark, I included reloading gear in the list, hoping maybe to find some older stuff I could use. Never expected to be offered so much stuff at once.

I've no plans for any of it, I'm just going to take a look, and will try to make a list of the stuff. I realize used dies, etc. are hard to sell. I've seen the guy at Bob Pope shows with a table or two of dies that are cheap and don't seem to be selling. I guess what I hope to do is find stuff I need, and either share the remainder with you guys or put on the gun show table.

More after I've seen it Sunday.

SlimTim

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gentleman didn't return my call Sunday, I'll have to hound him for another time & date. :(

SlimTim

·
6,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I finally went and looked at this stuff this afternoon. Nice young guy, lots of stuff. My camera had a dead battery, took it so I could snap pics and look stuff up online, but it was DOA. So I took notes.

It was a bit more than pictured, Lyman T-Mag press with 4 Turrets, 2 were still in factory packaging unused. The RCBS auto flow powder measure, an RCBS Automatic Priming System, it was in a huge box and I didn't open it, might be new/unused. Must be real fancy as it would dwarf the Lee Auto Prime I have. Lots of loading blocks, numerous plastic boxes, die sets, about 2/3 RCBS, 1/3 Lee with a Lyman thrown in here and there. Maybe 3500 primers in all, the RCBS 505 scale, another 10 full boxes of bullets besides the 9mm shown in the pic, 1500 10mm and 1000 45ACP. 2 more 500 pc boxes of 45 cast bullets, several smaller boxes of JHPs in various calibers. The 100 rouind boxes of bullets shown were largely opened and not full.

Several bags of brass, and some loaded/polished/primed loading trays full, 300 of .308, 50 or 100 of 300 Weatherby Magnum, lots of boxes of 380, 9mm, 38/.357, 45ACP, 44, even some 41 cal, and several bags of mixed brass.

Some more items, an Encore grip, inertia bullet puller, it'd be a good load, too much for my Avalon. I get the idea it would be a super deal for someone starting out from scratch who loaded the same calibers. I'm not sure I could buy it and come out on parting it out as so much of it is used, and lots of items opened.

The gent wants $600 for everything. Anyone in the area interested? I'm thinking it'd be best for me to pass the deal along as I'm not real learned on this stuff and get into trouble when I buy something I know little about.

SlimTim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts