Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A garage sale score on 5 pounds of Accurate RELOADER 9 powder ( 50 cents per.. otd)
I have used Unique for squib loads in my .303...6.0 & 7.0 gr With 94 gr. Meister LRN
I want to use this the same way..
Has anyone done this ?
What starting load would be good ?
thanks
Razor

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
A garage sale score on 5 pounds of Accurate RELOADER 9 powder ( 50 cents per.. otd)
I have used Unique for squib loads in my .303...6.0 & 7.0 gr With 94 gr. Meister LRN
I want to use this the same way..
Has anyone done this ?
What starting load would be good ?
thanks
Razor
I am assuming you mean Accurate#9 powder and not Alliant Reloader series powders ???? Its a slower than Unique and faster than 2400 but not that much. For my plinker loads with cast I dont use anything slower than unique If I were you I would get some heavier cast bullets and use it up or trade it off for something more suitable , Bullseye and Red Dot work wonderfully for the plinker loads

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brain fart !!!
You are correct Sir, it is .."Accurate No. 9" ... NOT RELOADER...
I've wanted to go to a heavier bullet since I've started casting my own boolits.
So this looks like it will work out for the better.
Thank you.
Razor

·
Gold Bullet member
1,234 Posts
For the 303 two good molds come to mind unless your bore is on the hugh side . The Lee 312-185 and the lyman 314299 15-16 grs of your #9 would be a good start for around 1500-1600 fps. Good luck................RU

1 - 4 of 4 Posts