Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a dumb question, but I can't find it. What has to be taken apart to change itout?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Idcullen

Perhaps I can help,, but you will need to bear with me as I have not worked on a Reising in 30 years, and this will be from memory. The automatic connector SPRING is located just to the rear of the automatic connector Pin, in a seat (round hole) in bottom of Sear. When in the auto mode the Action Bar pulls the Automatic Connector forward which in turn, pulls the sear down, out of contact with, and releasing the Hammer

This SPRING supplies spring tension between the Automatic Connector and the Sear,, pushing the front end of the Automatic Connector up so it can contact the Auction Bar in auto mode (FA). Best as I can remember,, there is a seat (round hole) in the bottom of the Sear for this small coil Spring. In order to get to this Spring, you must first ‘Field Strip’ the Reising. The last item removed during ‘Field Stripping’ is the Bolt. After that, you remove the trigger Pin and remove the Trigger and Disconnector, I think they come out as an assembly. Then remove the sear Pin and then the Sear and Automatic Connector, I also remember these coming out together. Now carefully separate the Sear and Automatic Connect being careful not to loose or damage the SPRING. I also think there is a plunger associated with this spring. And as the old saying goes,,, “reassemble in reverse order”.

If you are unsure of ‘Field Stripping’ this is a rough idea: 1. clear weapon,, 2. separate Stock and action,, 3. let Hammer go forward, unscrew Plug,, 4. remove hammer Spring and Hammer,, 5. remove magazine Housing.,, 6. remove Action Bar, I remember this being a bit tricky but I’m not sure exactly how, I know you must press on the Connector and Disconnector while pulling and turning the Action Bar. After you get pass this step, point muzzle up and pull trigger, the bolt should slide out., end of ’Field Stripping’.

I have Nanaimo’s ’The Reising Submachine Gun Story”, the section on the ‘Reising SMG in Detail’, should be of help. I have/had a H&R manual with nice instructions, but I have not seen it in years and a recent search did not locate it.

If you have problems, email me and maybe we can reboot my memory on the Reising.

Small Arms Section

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reising

Thank you very much for answering my question. I'm still waiting on my new spring set to get here, so I haven't dissassembled the Reising yet. When it does arrive I will definitely email if I run into any problems. I figured the auto connector spring had to be hidden in there somewhere as I couldn't see it by simply pulling the action out of the stock. Also it doesn't help that I'm not very mechanically inclined! Thanks again, Lance

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lance
Not a problem, it is interesting when someone has something other than the usual run-of-the-mill stuff. And I have not worked with a Reising in years.

After I sent my last message I found instructions on ‘Field Stripping’ in “Rifles and Machine Guns of the World’s Armies” by M. Johnson. So if you run into trouble, let me know and I will try to scan and email you these instructions. However, I am definitely not computer inclined.

Small Arms Section

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Reising

Small Arms Section, your profile on gunboards is set up to not allow emails. I had the same problem but think I was avble to correct it. Probably something to do with the switch over to the new boards. My email is lpcullen"at"sbcglobal.net (replace "at" with @) if it is too hard to correct. I'd very much like to see the dissassembly instructions you found. Thanks,Lance

1 - 5 of 5 Posts