Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Silver Bullet Member
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I confess I love the laminate stocks and blued bayonets, so the refurbishment doesn't hurt me at all. The serial number letter block confirms that it's a true 1950 from late in the year. It still retains it's spring-loaded firing pin, which is really what I was hoping for when I took a gamble on it at the online auction a couple of weeks ago.

·
Gold Bullet member
10,343 Posts
Very nice! :thumbsup:

·
Moderator/Silver Bullet Member
17,099 Posts
Phophorous32 gave us one hint.

1. Spring loaded firing pin.

So,

2. ?
3, 4, 5, 6, 7.....?

What are the rest of the early features, folks?

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
a quick question for folks:

most of the imported Russian rebuilt SKS rifles I have seen with laminated stocks have parkarized parts with black paint on top, often time's with the rear sight leaf not being painted.

This one is blued.

Is that rare or is just a function of when reworked?

·
Registered
227 Posts
a quick question for folks:

most of the imported Russian rebuilt SKS rifles I have seen with laminated stocks have parkarized parts with black paint on top, often time's with the rear sight leaf not being painted.

This one is blued.

Is that rare or is just a function of when reworked?

More heavy refurbs have the paint, this one is very lightly refurbished, with the stock being the only obvious replaced component. They were originally blued, and in some cases, they didn't get the BBQ paint. The rear sight leaf likely wouldn't play nice with the paint, both in regard to legibility, but there are enough small parts involved that it would likely make it unuseable...during refurb, they likely were left alone or completely replaced. This one, has a very early sight leaf.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts