Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a beautiful R/C ce44, "B" block, that I cleaned up and restocked with a Norwegian capture. Seeing as this was a transition period there were often quite mixed variations of the milled and stamped components. I decided to go with milled bands that came with the stock and all stamped triggerguard components. Also notice the rough milled safety and the flat bolt release. I pay as much attention to detail to getting the contemporary look correct so any observations let me know! Hope you all enjoy.

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
wow. nice. just enough wear. some dont like the 'blonde' stocks but i do. good resto job.

·
Registered
825 Posts
That is a very nice rifle. Don't know much about them yet, but I do know a nice one when I see it! :)

AC

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice clean rifle! looks like a new issue. I am not a real big fan of the blonde finish but i certainly respect well cared for rifles and to be honest, the dark bluing on the metal contrasts very favorably with the light wood. Gotta love the laminated grain as well!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The stock was a stock off of a Norwegian captured rifle. You can find these types of stocks on eBay fairly often now. I believe the Norwegians destroyed their rifles, but they've been selling off all the parts since there is clearly a very strong market for K98k parts both in American and abroad.

So to make a short story long, all I did was removed the shellac with denatured alcohol, sanded it very lightly (don't normally do that, but this was tough shellac), and rubbed some BLO (boiled linseed oil) into it. BLO is what the soldiers typically used to oil their rifles.

I like this one because I didn't have to do too much, and it really looks like a new issued rifle without being a crappy Mitchell's Mauser.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts