Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a very worn out IWB Falco I've had for serveral years now. I'm thinking of a replacement. How does the Red Storm IWB holsters compare? Same or better quality?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have a Red Storm and I like it. I have never had a Falco, so I can't compare the two, but I can tell you that the Red Storm fits well, it's thin and light, and comfortable. The only thing that I am not too fond of is that it's not braced at the top so after you draw it goes flat and reholstering requires two hands. The thumb break is on the outside too, which is different.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I just received my Red Storm holster Friday, and I like it as well. Cant beat it for the price. Thumb break takes a little getting used to, but doesnt hinder the draw at all once you get used to it. Ive never had a Falco either, so cant compare. But I would recommend Red Storm.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just looking at the pics of the Red Storm, the Falco seems to beat it hands down on looks and workmanship. My Falco IWB has faithfully served me for nearly 10 years now.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, I have both. I've had the Falco for some time now, and like it very much for my Mak. It's heavy weight grain leather, stiff enough to allow one-hand reholstering. But it's bulky, so is more likely to print. I just got Red Storms for my PA-63 and CZ-82. (Getting left-hand and made to fit holsters for these anywhere else is nigh on impossible, BTW) Red Storms are lighter split leather, and more simply made, holsters. They aren't able to allow easy reholstering, but are slim and light enough for good concealment. I haven't really put them to practical test yet, but they seem to offer a great improvement to my previous solution, Uncle Mike's nylon IWB's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got my Red Storm holster a few wees ago and it is a good holster for the money, in fact it is a good little holster. I took my Makarov and wrapped it in clear plastic food wrapper,wet the holster with water, stuck the Mak in it and let it sit overnite. Then waited until it was dry. Seemed to make a tighter fit. :) Spad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts