Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 91/30. The store had several. I chose a 1927 model with an octoganal receiver. It is not stamped Tula, and has a lot of writting in Russian on the barrel.

The 2nd favorite had a star(Tula?) and octoganal receiver. It did not have a large year of manufacture stamped on it but had a small 23 on the top of receiver. It also had the serial number in red and the rear sight range markings were all red. What is this red all about? Anyone know? Thanks.

·
Gold Bullet member
259 Posts
I have a 1933 Izhevsk that has the barrel shank serial number and the graduations highlighted in orange. Also, the serial number on the bayonet is done in orange too. Funny how with all the varied markings on the barrel shank, that the serial number is the only one in orange, none of the others even have traces of orange. I know for a fact that I'm the first owner since the rifle was imported so it had to be done either by the importer or in Russia. If I can remember, I'll try to post some pics of it when I get home from work this evening.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
most of the ones with the red or orange highlights have a triangle with a 25 inside it on the barrel shank

·
Gold Bullet member
259 Posts
Ok, a day or two late but here are the pics of my rifle. The rear sight graduations and the serial number on the barrel shank are done in orange, as is the serial number on the bayonet. There is just a trace of orange on the serial number on the buttplate. Your right pacomdiver, mine does have the 25 in a triangle stamping on the barrel shank as well. My rifle was imported by Tennessee Guns though, not Aztec. Its interesting to note that many of these orange/red highlighted rifles share the 25 in a triangle stamping, wonder if maybe it signifies a particular depot that did the refurbishment or something along that nature. There's never any shortage of mysteries is there?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
there was a thread earlier this year that was about the triangle 25 rifles, ill see if i can find it and link it

·
Registered
1,246 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 1943 Izhevsk 91/30 has not a triangle 25, but a triangle 12 stamped on the barrel shank, and on the buttstock.

Does anyone know what this means, or is it just another mystery?
could this be done by the importer? :confused:

I can get pics for you guys if you want.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
one of my chinese rifles stuff has a triangle 21 stamp,its on the barrel, bolt handle and receiver top tang, im thinking it is a refurb arsenal or qc stamp

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.