Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching here and elsewhere for reloading info for the G43, but have not found anything definitive on this. My apologies if I missed something.

Presuming that one adds the shooters kit, is there a recommended bullet weight and a powder with a suitable burn rate? Suggested loads? I would like to shoot the rifle on rare occasions while being diligent to not damage it. I would rather use ammo that is guaranteed not to be corrosive and to load it as gently as possible.

Thanks in advance. I have been greatly informed about the rifle in this forum,

TMG

·
Registered
702 Posts
150gr Hornady #3232 over 44gr of IMR 4064 seems to work in most G43. Good for up to 300 yards with mild recoil. Winchester LR, Remington 9-1/2 or CCI 200 primers work fine. Watch for dimpled primers caused by the floating firing pin. If primers get too dimpled while merely going into battery, try slightly harder primers. Make sure you install new recoil springs together with your shooter kit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you good sir! That's a good powder for other rounds as well. Any thoughts on the Wolff Gunsprings kit for the G43?

tmg

150gr Hornady #3232 over 44gr of IMR 4064 seems to work in most G43. Good for up to 300 yards with mild recoil. Winchester LR, Remington 9-1/2 or CCI 200 primers work fine. Watch for dimpled primers caused by the floating firing pin. If primers get too dimpled while merely going into battery, try slightly harder primers. Make sure you install new recoil springs together with your shooter kit.

·
Gold Bullet Member
4,581 Posts
IMO bolt actuator spring rod spring; you see underneath the rear sight, that is a good start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.