Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I’ve got a yugo K98 with a recoil lug that’s set back about a millimeter. I took the stock off and I can move it front to back by hand. Just wondering if there’s a known solution to fix this.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
This is what I did with mine that was worse. Remove recoil lug and fill in the area behind it with Brownells acraglass bedding compound. Fill in the half circular areas and use a Dremel tool to smooth it out to flush with the wood. Let it cure for a few days. My k98k was in worse shape and now I can shoot it without a problem.

·
Registered
770 Posts
This is what I did with mine that was worse. Remove recoil lug and fill in the area behind it with Brownells acraglass bedding compound. Fill in the half circular areas and use a Dremel tool to smooth it out to flush with the wood. Let it cure for a few days. My k98k was in worse shape and now I can shoot it without a problem.
make sure you also build up the “round” areas where the cross bolt sticks out from the stock. This is where the recoil should be distributing itself through the stock and not through the middle section. The goalof the cross bolt is to take some of the recoil load from the middle of the stock and move it to the sides. If you fail to build up these areas, the problem will come back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.