Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So what is the prefered method of maintaining these modern rechargeable batteries? I am specifically talking about the ones that don't get used for months or even years at a time and then NEED to be ready for action at a moments notice. Lanterns, car battery packs and other items that, unlike a cell phone, you don't use often.

In the old days you had to discharge a battery before recharging it to avoid developing a memory and shortened battery life. Is it okay to just charge up 'as is' now?

Just did an internet search and it looks like its pretty much the same though maybe the newer batts are more tolerant than the old ones used to be.

·
Silver Bullet member
55,191 Posts
I THINK ITS VERY UNPREDICTABLE?......i have a 4 year old black in decker drill that will keep a charge almost a year...never fails, never too low.....
i have newer rechargeable camera batteries that fail regularly?
old Naokie phone 4 years old never fails.....
i have discharged, done all sorts of things, TRICKS.....luck of the draw MOSTLY!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.