Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Recently aquired a k98 stock from a friend who builds guns in his spare time as a hobby.
Has a cut out on left side for lsr mount,and checkerd buttplate.What is a good way to tell a repo sniper buttplate from a real one,it does have the redish primer on the inside with light ink stamp that I cant make out.You guys seem to be greatly knoligble in this field,any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Should be an inlet cut into the left side of the stock at least. I have a safety just like that in my "spare" gustloff parts bin. Filed down to fit under a scope but impossible to tell if done during or post war. Yours at least leans toward being period done.

mow.

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The sad part of this story is that the gun was all there completely matching and every thing but as you can see i got there to late.The story he told me is that during ww2 this platoon of troops were some where around Berlin when a russian tank shot and drove through a building and out of a room a german sniper fell and there was the rifle and a gi picked it up and sent it home.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That's a shame. I'm sure there are people who would be interested in the parts though! :)

It appears you have the base, which were never numbered. The mount itself would've been attached to the base, and they were numbered.

·
Banned
3,137 Posts
The sad part of this story is that the gun was all there completely matching and every thing but as you can see i got there to late.The story he told me is that during ww2 this platoon of troops were some where around Berlin when a russian tank shot and drove through a building and out of a room a german sniper fell and there was the rifle and a gi picked it up and sent it home.
I didnt know US troops took part in the battle for berlin :rolleyes:

·
Banned
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive only had this stock and parts a week and havent had much time to research them for originality.I would like to know if any or all are original to a lsr 98k.Here are a couple more pics......
Wood Wood stain
1.Here is top of scope mount 2.side of stock with cut out for mount.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.