Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up this M1 fairly recently, traded an old wingmaster plus $100, I think I did alright. Overall good shape, complete mixmaster of parts, m2 stock, nice 2-43 rockola barrel. It does have one thing going for it though. Shame up here in Canada there isn't near as much interest in M1's as down south.

Reactions: 2P Steel 6

·
Super Moderator
2,876 Posts
Looks like a nice IP :)

·
Registered
5,764 Posts
you got a unbelievable deal!!!!!

I-P go for for around 3-4K USD. WINGMASTER doesn't even break 1K USD down here

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its an interesting mix of parts, underwood flat bolt, stamped trigger mech. Original rear sight was damaged, replaced it with an identical good used rear sight. Took picture of heel marking when the sight was removed. Handguard is an earlier (2 rivet) walnut while the stock is later beech M2 stock with a different, what i am assuming is a serial number stamped on the right side. Very nice bore and it works great. Wingmaster was on old 60's beat up field gun with 30" fixed full choke.
M1 carbines, even rare ones, don't command prices anywhere near that here.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
That Carbine appears to have been blued which would negate any collector value but would start a lot of conversations.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I don't understand this $3-4k talk.
Sounds like you started out with a mixmaster rebuild with a broken rear sight and a beech stock. Not worth $800 to me. But it sounds like you still got a deal by trading for an old wing master.

Mike

·
Registered
101 Posts
Doesn't look blued to me. IP mix-masters sell for a quite a bit more than a standard mix-master here in the States. Five corrected ones at Rock Island just sold for 3700 each before fees. But it takes quite an investment to correct them. A half correction sells for 2k-ish.Other countries, not so much. In Luxembourg you can buy a BAR for a few thousand. Here, its 10 tmes that amount.

I run an IP/S'G' registry to catalog the IP serials especially. I you would, please send me the serial for the data base. I'll let you know if there's a record of it yet and what the nearest serials known are to it.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
The sharp lines of the receiver appear rounded to me and the stamping are anything but crisp, may just be the photo, one does not see a lot of IP’s. When I was collecting Carbines ( got up to fifty of them) a IP eluded me.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It has not been blued, original finish near as i can tell. It is a bit worn, this gun apparently came from a recent import out of Israel. It was very dirty when I got it.

·
Registered
12,272 Posts
That Carbine appears to have been blued which would negate any collector value but would start a lot of conversations.
The close-up of the serial number and manufacturer on the receiver doesn't look like a refinish job to me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts