Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my C& R today. After waiting for three month's I am not too excited about getting it. But I got it and will use it.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Congrats!! Have Fun!!

·
Copper Bullet member
10,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cut up your credit cards now,before it's too late!!!!-enjoy
This will be a cash money only adventure. If I ain't got the extra cash, I don't buy it. Been down that other road and it sucks bigtime.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Since I recieved my C&R six years ago I have alot more rifles than I do money.

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
16,601 Posts
Since I recieved my C&R six years ago I have alot more rifles than I do money.
I'm the opposite, I have allot more money and buy less. Or, is it spend more on a single rifle less of the time. Hmmm...the last two rifles I bought cost more than 4 refurbs. That means I am using my C&R less, but it's costing me more.

JUST GREAT!:mad:

Gary:D

·
Registered
320 Posts
I got my 03FFL ~6 years ago and have had to stop buying because I have run out appropriate storage space. There are probably a dozen rifles that I store outside of my two gunsafes now because the gunsafes are full (their bolts are secured in the safes, however ... a robber may bludgeon me with one of my firearms but he won't shoot me :)).

I have not totaled how much I have spent ... someday, perhaps ...

·
Registered
675 Posts
I got my 03FFL ~6 years ago and have had to stop buying because I have run out appropriate storage space. There are probably a dozen rifles that I store outside of my two gunsafes now because the gunsafes are full (their bolts are secured in the safes, however ... a robber may bludgeon me with one of my firearms but he won't shoot me :)).

I have not totaled how much I have spent ... someday, perhaps ...
I keep a spreadsheet on the computer with all my rifles. Its pretty basic since I am no computer wiz. I just list the model, caliber, type(bolt, semi, etc), year, factory, serial, purchase price, purchase date, Tag #(column is empty right now but is for future use), and misc. info ( w/ bayo, if bolt does not match I put bolt # here, etc). I keep one sheet just for mosins and one for everything else. I also keep a simplified version with small text that has just make, caliber, type, year, and factory along with a ammo list that I keep with me for when a new rifle pops up so I don't buy one I already have or a good buy on ammo pops up. When you have close to 20 different calibers it is hard to remember how much you have of each.

·
Gold Bullet member
335 Posts
I hear you Bucko. For the most part, I do the same.
That is a good idea to keep a list with you. Especially if one does alot of "shopping".

I also like the idea of listing the bolt number for a mismatch. I'll be adding a column to my spreadsheet. Thanks. (why didn't I think of that??)

Cheers

·
Registered
675 Posts
I hear you Bucko. For the most part, I do the same.
That is a good idea to keep a list with you. Especially if one does alot of "shopping".

I also like the idea of listing the bolt number for a mismatch. I'll be adding a column to my spreadsheet. Thanks. (why didn't I think of that??)

Cheers
Yeah the listing of any msimatch bolts is going to come in real handy for me when I get my gun room built and get to put all the bolts back into my rifles. When I moved cross county I removed all the bolts and put all the rifles in padded sleeves and then into crates I made to hold them (packed like sardines). I decided to keep them in the sleeves without bollts so I could get more into the safes (had movers ship the safes but did not want my guns out of my site so they went with me) which left me with a empty safe to fill up while waiting to get other projects done before building the gun room. The empty safe is no longer empty but closer to the full side so I better get building quick because I refuse to buy another safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts