Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a 1948 dated Russian (Izhvesk Arsenal) MN M44 from TGI yesterday. Really, a VERY nice rifle!!! :D This is the 2nd 1948 dated M44 in my collection. This one, received from TGI is in, overall, EXCELLENT condition! :) Matching receiver, bolt, butt plate; while, the floor plate, while matching, is electro-penciled, although it never had a serial # and is only electro-penciled.

I've been out of the Mosin-Nagant thing the past few years. About 4 years ago, I diverged and went off in other directions. It's amazing to me, how Mosin-Nagants are like eating potato chips........ You can't stop with just one! :eek: In the last week, I've picked up 2 M91/30 ex-snipers and now this M44....... What next?

Chuck

PS I'll post those photo's this weekend.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
You have to get yourself an M39. It is my favorite of all the Mosin types.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Received an M44 from TGI.........

Dang it!! I don't know how to type :mad:

The subject line should say: Received an M44 from TGI........

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Received an M44 from TGI.........

You have to get yourself an M39. It is my favorite of all the Mosin types.
I do have a very nice, 1944 VKT M39, built on an 1896 dated Tula receiver, that I picked up from WGA about 5 years ago. I've wondered to myself at times, WOW!!, if that old girl could talk. Could have seen action in the Russo-Japanese War of 1904, the 1917 Revolution, and who knows what else, before the Finn's converted her to an M39.

Two photo's are attached, but if anyone wants more photo's, they can be viewed at:

http://tinyurl.com/2tkvok

Before getting this rifle, I had (in past tense), owned a 1941 VKT that I sold when I got this one. Wish I had kept it. :(

Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts