Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the rifle I bought and I have not yet taken any of my own pics. WF BERN K31 CARBINE - Z51939

The bore does in fact look good and I haven't yet seen any surprises with the rifle. I'm happy with it.

Here's the trop tag from under the buttplate:

Interpretation would be appreciated, as would any comments on the rifle itself. Thanks!

I also have a K-11 that I got from Simpson as well: Received K11 from Simpson Ltd today
And an 1899 that was a "Century gunsmith special" but is actually pretty nice: Swiss 1889 rifle arrived

Rob

·
Gold Bullet member
12,865 Posts
That’s a very nice example at a surprisingly good price in today’s crazy market.

Congrats!

·
Gold Bullet member
9,164 Posts
Ernst Nyffenegger (draft cohort year, i.e. DOB) 1924
Motor Transport Company 23
Luthern (village) Rossweidli (local address, literally "little horse pasture.")
Added: the Swiss German -li suffix is a diminutive, same as German -lein. So it means a small pasture for a rather large horse.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Ernst Nyffeneger (draft cohort year, i.e. DOB) 1924
Motor Transport Company 23
Luthern (village) Rossweidli (local address, literally "little horse pasture.")
It is crazy how long these tags have remained in the buttplate of these rifles. (That tag was placed there 79 years ago.)

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Those little tags are a part of the rifle's history and makes the K31 or other Swiss rifle kinda special in my opinion. Here you have actual proof of the owner and his military occupation. Kinda cool if you ask me. Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts