Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 33/40 I'm doing a rebuild on, not aiming for authenticity, more functionality. Rear sight base is missing, habe all the other parts. Is there another carbine rear sight base that can be used?

Thanks.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,847 Posts
Can't answer, but perhaps a few ideas.... One, to put your question another way as well. Request the ID = inside diameter & length measurements area. Far as people to assist: Somebody here or perhaps at Workbench Forum might be able to help. Other side of coin, inquire re barrel diameter portion under sight. I'd also be "broadcasting" to other Boards too! You might PM falgrunt, geladen & andy - Brataslava; all of this Forum too, with hope they can learn or have connects to provide info!
Topside, you have that aspect reasonably covered; yes? Seems that would be more 'standardized'.
Hope this doesn't sound like insultingly elementary... or other-hand ,crazy!
Just a 'quik take' in hopes of helping!
Best & Stay Safe!
John

·
Banned
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, Century is where I got the other parts.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
You could make an Argentine or FN base work, if you can mill out the base to fit the "bed". Or if "correctness" is not your goal, one of those bases will work, you won't have the bed.

The G33/40 is unique in the fact that it is the only carbine (that I know of) that had a replaceable bed to change the rear sights trajectory for ammunition changes.

·
Banned
12,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well good news, according to Ebay I bought a sight base
Now to find it
This getting old stuff is for the birds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.