Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just obtained this nice leather pouch & noticed it bears the same date as my rubberized example, both are Showa 15. The leather one is Kokura marked & the other is a Nagoya. For some time now I've started suspecting that Nagoya may have used more rubberized goods than Kokura & certainly at an earlier date. In fact my present T-99 1st series and the other 1st series I recently sold both have rubberized slings original to the rifle. This would be hard to confirm on the slings as the leather ones are so easily moved around. Anyway, this post is mainly a chance to try some photos!

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only 5 photos??? Come on!

·
Registered
7,956 Posts
Hey Rob,
I just got a Nagoya "Na" proofed brass muzzle cover. Soon I hope to learn how to post pictures.

·
Silver Bullet member
15,556 Posts
Adogs,
quit complaining already. If you read my T38 post you would know that 5 is the current limit.

I'm sure this can be adjusted, be patient.

Really nice pouch, and great pictures, thanks.

·
Platinum Bullet member
18,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Rob,
I just got a Nagoya "Na" proofed brass muzzle cover. Soon I hope to learn how to post pictures.
Don't worry about that just send it to me!

·
Silver Bullet member
2,364 Posts
I have never seen nagoya marked leather goods or kokura marked rubberized. This maybe because I usually don't dabble in these things, but do they exist?

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Rob, First I do really like your collection of ammo pouches. As for posting pictures I'm still trying to figure out how to get the smiley faces to attach to my reply’s no less post photos.
Mike, my observations have been that I see the Nagoya "NA" mark on most leather gear from slings to holsters much more so than the Tokyo/Kokura mark. But than I think that is due to the overall time that the Nagoya arsenal was in business in this role than Tokyo/Kokura. Of course others may dispute my comments as to the marks.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
We know that there was quite a timeline overlap with leather/rubberized canvas production. I've seen numerous rubberized canvas dated earlier than I'd expected to see.

·
Silver Bullet member
2,364 Posts
1940 is the earliest rubberized goods I have seen and had (type 14 holster) I don't look much. What is the earliest you've seen

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The earliest rubberized canvas Type-14 holster that I have in my collection that has both the date and Nagaoya marked is a 16 date. Have several with just the arsenal marks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts