Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this Good Luck Flag off ebay. I've ended up with fake flags off there before so im pretty weary about buying them on there but the price was too right on this one. Hoping some of yall could take a quick look and see if its original or not. Id appreciate any and all help!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I have several Good Fortune Flags. I gave concerns about this one. First the corners tabs where the strings are attaches. I have no Good Fortune Flags with this type of attachment. Second where it looks like the ink has left marks where the ink looks like it was wet and transposed when wet. The one hole is very questionable. What type of material is the Flag made of and what is the circle painted or sewed on. There is a book out there, "Imperial Japanese Good Luck Flags and One-Thousand Stitched Belts", by Michael A. Bortner, DDS. It very good. It sounds as though you have not had much luck in "Good Fortune Flags".
kaydee
Dwight

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have several Good Fortune Flags. I gave concerns about this one. First the corners tabs where the strings are attaches. I have no Good Fortune Flags with this type of attachment. Second where it looks like the ink has left marks where the ink looks like it was wet and transposed when wet. The one hole is very questionable. What type of material is the Flag made of and what is the circle painted or sewed on. There is a book out there, "Imperial Japanese Good Luck Flags and One-Thousand Stitched Belts", by Michael A. Bortner, DDS. It very good. It sounds as though you have not had much luck in "Good Fortune Flags".
kaydee
Dwight

There are some moth/burn holes in the picture above. I also have that book but its difficult for me to make comparisons when they all look different to me. I appreciate your input. If a few other people say I should ill likely discuss canceling the deal with the seller

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
View attachment 3826511

There are some moth/burn holes in the picture above. I also have that book but its difficult for me to make comparisons when they all look different to me. I appreciate your input. If a few other people say I should ill likely discuss canceling the deal with the seller

I'd wait for a few more opinions on here.

There are several flag collectors and translators who can tell you more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts