Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
re: Star Model S

Hello ...

A local gun shop has a Star Model "S", apparently in .32 caliber, on sale for $150. What I would like to know is whether the Star Model S is covered by a C&R license, as a Star Model B is? Is $150 a good price for one of these? I have not personally examined the pistol, but will if the answers to these questions are favorable. Thanks in advance for your advice...

Cheers,
Gary

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
The Star Model S is 380ACP. The earlier ones are C&R eligible, later production are not. Would need more details such as proof codes, serial number range to verify the year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'll see if I can get more info. I was up there over the weekend, and now I wish I had looked at it. Perhaps I can call them up and get the proof code over the phone.

Thanks,
Gary

·
Moderator / Gold Bullet member
6,263 Posts
IIRC, Century of someone was selling the Star S and Star SS not too long ago, maybe 2 years? IIRC, their wholesale price was more than the $150 your shop is asking. I want to say they sold them for around $180-$190, but can't recall for certain.

SlimTim

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Hello...

Ok, I called the gunstore and got the identifying marks off the pistol. He said that it has a "P" in a circle and under that C 1. He said it is a "Model 1", but that doesn't sound right. The serial number of the gun is 536174.

I am pretty sure it is a Model S. But, is there a Model 1?

As to caliber, duh...I forgot to ask him.

What would be the date of manufacture of this pistol?

Thanks in advance,
Gary

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
23,298 Posts
Date of manufacture is 1957. (the "C1" code).

The actual model designation is on the butt of the grip. It might be a model "SS" rather than a model S.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts