Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

I hate to ask very basic questions, but here goes. I have two Rayed flags. On one the rays are centered, on the other, the rays start off to one side. These are both about 2ft. x 3ft.. Is one a naval flag??
TIA.

Dave

·
Silver Bullet member
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I originally thought, but, It has tabs (leather) and strings to tie it up with. I thought a Navy flag should have Grommets to hang it from a halyard, but this one is so small, I'm sure it was flown from a pole. I have been having trouble posting pics because of the size and downsizing has not come easily...ergo, no pics. Thank you Edokko for your quick reply.

Dave

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,304 Posts
I bought this little flag at a Dallas gun show back in the early '80s. The corner tabs are gold painted cardboard. If original, I figure it to be Army and a personal flag.
Makes a nice background for my small rifle & mg cartridge selection :)

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
That is a very nice collection you have. You're right, the flag is a nice backdrop for your display; it definitely shows to which theater the ammo belonged. From what I've read, the centered rays indicate "Army."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.