Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have been trying to buy a good one for $600 for about a year now, and still can't find one. I have been told that Rasheed's are a good gun to buy from someone after test firing them at the range, and that there is some risk in buying them without knowing if they have issues or not.

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
I have been trying to buy a good one for $600 for about a year now, and still can't find one. I have been told that Rasheed's are a good gun to buy from someone after test firing them at the range, and that there is some risk in buying them without knowing if they have issues or not.
They are definitely good rifles, BUT! There is one poorly designed part in them.

There is a piece that connects/disconnects the trigger to the sear that seems to be (to my Engineer's eye and training) designed to break after some use.

If you aren't thorough when you do a function check on the rifle, you can also miss the fact that the part is broken.

For a good disconnector test you need to pull the trigger to drop the hammer and then keep holding the trigger to the rear while cycling the action. If the hammer goes forward again while cycling the action, and before the trigger is released and is pulled a second time, the disconnector is toast.

If you release the trigger and THEN cycle the action, everything will seem to work just fine.

Replacement disconnectors are pretty hard to find, to say the least. One of my two Rasheeds is running on a disconnector that I needed to have weld repaired a while back (I was lucky and found the little tab that broke off before it could get lost).

·
Registered
13,944 Posts
the rear sight is also week, do not let it snap down, it will break, I know from experience
Actually, it is the rear sight slide that is weak. The leaf is pretty tough. They made the bottom part of the slides a little thin, and then they drilled a hole in the middle of the thin part for a retaining screw. the slides will bend and, over time, get metal fatigue across the bottom fairly easily, and like Kennedy said, they can break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.