Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Like Ted said I never heard of one being on any other model than the 91/30 and you don't see alot of those.

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,843 Posts
Like Ted said I never heard of one being on any other model than the 91/30 and you don't see alot of those.
Agreed. I've even seen more P-60s than those.

Poot

·
Administrator
3,429 Posts
I have an XO-47 Izhevsk 91/30

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,127 Posts

·
Moderator/Gold Bullet member
8,843 Posts
Nice one Rocker, I like it. Sure would be nice to know what those marks mean, though.

Poot

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,530 Posts
Back before I decided to go all Finn all the time I was working hard to put together what I felt was a "complete" collection of Tula's including rebuilds with all the funny marks. I looked for quite awhile and never found either an XO marked or one of the tombstone marked ones. In my opinion they are very uncommon.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have an XO marked 91/30, don't recall the year. Only one I've come face to face with.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info. I went over to Gander Mtn. and put it on lay-away. I recently picked up a 1942 Ishevek ex PU from them as well. I plan on hitting R Guns soon to shop thru 91/30's and 91/30 sniper rifles (if they are in). I guess if I find another XO, I could have a double to trade something for. Pictures to come soon.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,134 Posts
I plan on hitting R Guns soon to shop thru 91/30's and 91/30 sniper rifles (if they are in).
creepiE - If you can examine more than a handful at R Guns you're a better man than I. I always get that "you're really wasting my time" feeling from those guys. I never go home from there empty handed though :)

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
creepiE - If you can examine more than a handful at R Guns you're a better man than I. I always get that "you're really wasting my time" feeling from those guys. I never go home from there empty handed though :)
The 30 something, bigger heavy set guy (owners brother) is the grouch.
The slim/regular size guy jokes around a bit but is pretty accommodating.
Besides going through the 20+ they have out on the floor, he'll sometimes go in back and grab more.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The 30 something, bigger heavy set guy (owners brother) is the grouch.
The slim/regular size guy jokes around a bit but is pretty accommodating.
Besides going through the 20+ they have out on the floor, he'll sometimes go in back and grab more.
Nice goin...they guy is probably on this forum right now...blabbermouth :)

·
Registered
10,475 Posts
Nice goin...they guy is probably on this forum right now...blabbermouth :)
That's OK, as long as you don't wear the same cap (as in your avatar) he'll never recognize you. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts