Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mauser changed the code from BYF to SVW late in the war,not very many were produced with this new code while the germans still held the Mauser plant. After it was over run, the French put together pistols from left over parts in the factory, these will have a star instead of the german waffenamps and usually metal grips.The german produced ones are pretty scarce and bring a premium.I paid 1250.00 for this matching one many years ago its in very nice cond.,now they are bringing well over 2K if all original and matching in very good cond.Even the mag on this one is phosphate and grips screw.1250.00 I thought was a crazy price back then but I wanted it and seems to have held its value very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
junker ---- I just picked up a svw 45 P.38 today from a friend but too bad it has been chrome or nickel plated. The serial number on my gun is 58XX e, only about 1300 pieces produced after the P.38 in the same letter block "e" in your post. It came with a soft shell P.38 holster that I was unaware my friend had. Although the piece has been buffed the serial numbers, svw code, Nazi proof marks and waffen acceptance stamps are still clear on the frame, slide and barrel. I'm glad now to have all the P.38 codes byf, ac, cyq and svw in my meager accumulation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.